Notary Services in Hull & East Yorkshire

Notary Services for Businesses and Individuals

Notary Public Services

Business Documents

Authenticating company and business documents and transactions for overseas activities.
Notary Public Services

Granting Powers of Attorney

Witnessing powers of attorney for individuals for use overseas.

Notary Public Services

Administration of Estates

Providing documents to deal with the administration of the estates of people who are abroad, or owning property abroad.
Notary Public Services

Personal Documents

Certifying copies of passports and other documents such as academic qualifications to verify your identity and qualifications for foreign authorities.


Frequently Asked Questions

1What is a Notary Public?

A Notary Public is an officer of the law who has an internationally recognised public office.

Notaries are appointed by the Archbishop of Canterbury and are subject to regulation by the Court of Faculties. A professional Notary must be fully insured and maintain fidelity cover for the protection of clients and the public.

2When would I need a notary?

For documents to be used outside England and Wales. The need for a notary public is dictated by the requirements of the country where the document is to be used.

4Why are the services of a Notary Public required?

For most overseas documents it is not sufficient for a solicitor to authenticate the information.

Any document required for use overseas but signed in this country normally needs to be signed in the presence of a Notary Public. A Notary Public will sign and validate the documents and will seal them with the Notary’s personal seal of office.

4What does legalisation of a document mean?

Legalisation means confirmation of the authenticity of origin of a document. It is done by having an official stamp placed on the document by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and, for some countries, by the consulate of the country in which the document is to be used.

Should the document need to be legalised by the Foreign Office or Foreign Consulate I can ensure this process is completed if you wish me to handle this for you.

5Do I need an appointment?

Yes, please get in touch by telephone or via email to make an appointment at your convenience.